PRAYER FOCUS 1: Revealing Giftings (Personal and Spiritual)
When you read Paul’s letters, you see that he kept around him people of different backgrounds and people with different gifts.
In other words, he had some people who were gifted at hospitality. He had some people whose main contribution was prayer.
No matter what the gift is, it must be opened. It is to bless you and others around you. God has given you unique and special divine enablements; gifts, as it were.
Are you using them to glorify Him and advance His kingdom? Have you fully discovered what those gifts are yet? Today, ask God to show you what your gifting — both personal and spiritual — may be.
Study 1 Corinthians chapter 12, 13, 14
Romans chapter 12:4 – 8
As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 1 Peter 4:10
PRAYER FOCUS 2: Personal Ministry
God has given you giftings to use for His purposes. It makes me think of Abraham and the five dynamics that brought him into the place of ministry, the place of destiny that God had for him.
- First, he could “hear” God.
- Second, Abraham believed what he heard.
- Third, he came to a place of denouncing the comfort zone he lived in, in order to follow God’s leading.
- Fourth, Abraham had the courage to follow God’s direction for his life.
- And finally, he had the tenacity to focus on the promise and not the problems that stood in his way.
So, on this day of the fast, I encourage you to pray and seek God about His purpose and plan for your life, your ministry unto Him.
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.” Matthew 16:24 NASB